Friday, July 27, 2012

Poison Ivy

Hey there beautiful flowers!
IMG_0123
"Miranda, why do you have RED hair... And why are you wearing leaves?!?!?!"

Well, it's because I am Poison Ivy!
IMG_0145
*blows poison* 
Yes, the deadly villan from that epic Batman movie. 
Played by Uma Thurman, Poison Ivy has got to be my favourite super villan to date! 

Last Saturday I went for the Singapore Blog Awards 2012 at the Singapore Flyer!
Photobucket
Urm, yes. That 'bat girl' is me. This was the photo shoot I was taking about a while ago! 

Here's the behind-the-scenes of the really fun photoshoot!


Back to the point,
The theme of this year's award ceremony was "Superheros"! I really wanted to stand out and be different so I dressed up as a Super Villan instead *maniacal laughter*

I had to check in at the Singapore Flyer early for a sound check cause the lovely organisers requested me to sing 2 songs and of course, I screamed.. Sorry, I am too busy preparing for O levels YES!!!!!!

When I arrived, this is what I saw..
Photobucket
Take a closer look at the stage..
Photobucket
(photo credits: www.omy.sg)
THAT'S MY FREAKING FACE OMGOGMOGMOGMOGMOGGOM -SPASM-

I've been on stage before but I have NEVER LITERALLY been ON the stage. Thank you so much SG Blog Awards for being so cool about having my weird face on your stage :3

After sound check, it was too late to go home so my mum and I headed to the car and I did my make up in the car's.... boot

Surprisingly it went well!
 I used my new iPad as a mirror and the lighting was great!

~Some pictures of the finished look~
Photobucket
Photobucket

When the time finally came, I headed down to the food trail to register.
Photobucket
I really turned many heads. Little kids even came up to me to ask for a picture. I feel like a mascot in Universal Studio. I didn't mind. It was fun! 

I also got interviewed on omy.sg!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Wanna check out that cool video? 
Click Here!!!

Anyway, I also sang at the event! 2 songs! 
Edge of Glory and The One That Got Away!
Photobucket
(photo credits: lukeyishandsome.com)
Photobucket
(photo credits: michhysaurous.blogspot.sg)

A big congrats to all the winners! 
Although I did not win the Best Vlog category, it doesn't matter~ I have loved being a part of OMY's Blog Awards! I got to meet so many cool people! 
Thank you so much omy.sg!

A special thanks to Alvin aka alvinology! He was the one who hooked me up with omy.sg in the beginning. I'm extremely thankful to him! He is awesome :)

That's about it guys!

PHOTO SPAM!!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

xoxo Miranda

1 comment:

ohitstanya said...

Hahaha! That looked so cool! thumbs up to you :D congrats!