Saturday, March 23, 2013

NPSU Freshman Orientation Camp 2013

Hey there earthlings,
If y'all had followed me on Twitter, Instagram (@mirandamikaela), you guys would know that I've been at camp for the past for 4 days! If you didn't know, well.... NOW YOU DO! :P

Camp was so extremely fun. It's safe to say that it is THE BEST camp I've been to. Everything was great. Every time I head to camps I get SOOO WORRIED about the lodging and bathing situations! I'm sooo glad that the showers at Ngee Ann Poly are pretty nice and the sport's hall where we spent the nights were clean and not toooo hot! :) This blog post is going to be a run through of the past 4 days. Brace yourselves!
 photo 20130319_084536_zps5b784ed2.jpg
Yes, I brought a huge luggage to camp! IT'S A FOUR DAY CAMP! THAT'S LONG OK! Don't judge me haha! The first day of camp was mainly just us learning the different group cheers. I was placed in the group- Bragi. The whole camp had a Greek God theme and was called "Yggdrasil" aka some tree of life. Bragi is the God of Poetry and Music. Suits me eh? ;) 

Later on we were split into sub groups! My sub group was called Bravesto!
 photo 20130322_122527_zps2d20d05a.jpg
There were around 26 of us! Such awesome people!
 photo 20130321_182740_zps4bf2f899.jpg
Not forgetting our spectacular group leaders (GLs): Jing Lin, Sheena and Aik Soon!!! :)

To be honest, the first DAY was pretty *cough* boring. We didn't know each other and no one was really talking. However, when the sun went down, everything got more hehe interesting. Firstly, we played a game where we had to built a tall and strong structure of straws, newspapers and a cardboard box. My group was fantastic. WE BUILT THIS INSANELY TALL SCULPTURE  THAT NO AMOUNT OF WIND COULD BRING DOWN. So proud of us ;) Next, we were brought to a lecture hall to watch a horror movie: Insidious.
I had already watched it so I was pretty fearless *flicks hair* *flexes muscles* It was funny seeing everyone's reactions to the ghosts and stuff. The movie ended at around 1am in the morning and we all were pretty tired. Our DH came in (Department Head? aka he was the head of Bragi) called random people out for the night walk

What I thought a night walk was: Walking back to the sport's hall in the dark
What a night walk apparently was: A HAUNTED HOUSE

I was grouped with 3 other random people, Sha, Bryan and Michelle. Cool people. All really fearless except for Sha hahahahaha IM SORRY! BUT HE WAS SCARED OK! I didn't take any pictures of the night walk because DUH it was dark and it was pretty hard to take pictures while someone is trying to scare you. All together the whole night walk was really well done. I'm surprised! They flooded toilets and got into full HTT costumes!!!! SOOO IMPRESSIVE! Claps for the crew!!! By the time we got back from the night walk, it was about 3am! However, the call time the next day was only at 11am (another reason why the camp rocked). I didn't get much sleep though. I don't really sleep much during camps for some reason.... 

DAY TWO was insane. DIRTY GAMES... And by dirty, I mean REALLYCRAZILYDIRTY GAMES. We got covered in flour, vinegar, oil, soya sauce, paint and God knows what else. We stuck our hands in LIVE WORMS to find marbles! And our group hero, Wenn Hao, even put a LIVE WORM on his tongue for 10 seconds so we could earn more marbles! Thus, earning himself the title of HERO!!!! *claps* There was a game station where the crew members poured flour AND WATER in our hair. Yes, it hardened and made us look like we had horrible dandruff. By the end of the day, we looked like a mess! I don't have any pictures of us though! Just imagine a group of hobos. That's what we probably looked like haha! 

Tip from our GLs: To remove hardened flour in your hair, use body soap!

Later at night, our DHs got kidnapped by the crew and we had to go play games to get them back!
 photo 20130320_223043_zpsf485d63e.jpg
THAT'S THEM TIED TO THE PILLARS HAHA!

I felt that day 2 was pretty fun because the dirty games REALLY bonded Bravesto as a group. Everyone was dirty together and we all felt like a whole family group.
 photo 20130321_085805_zps992a8a86.jpg
I look awful ok. 0 makeup. 0 everything hahaahah. DON'T JUDGE ME.

DAYYY THREEEEE WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had water games! Check out this huge field!
 photo 20130321_160759_zps1af748df.jpg
Imagine this entire field with 400+++ people throwing water bombs at each other. Nuff' said. 
As day three was the last night we'd be at camp. 
 photo 20130321_204059_zps884a5452.jpg
There was a campfire finale where all the GLs performed skits that they prepared for us! IT WAS HILARIOUS! The Bragi GLs did a parody of How I Met Your Mother aka one of my favourite shows ever! SO GOOD! 
 photo 20130321_183108_zps2658ad67.jpg

After the finale, we all got chops on our arms and then were brought up into a hall that had been transformed into a "club". We all danced and went cray cray for about 3 hours? At around 1am we were brought back to the field for a donut supper yay. Then the GLs dropped the bomb that the if we slept that night, the crew members will come and draw all over our bodies. Terrified. I didn't sleep at all. Most of my groups mates feel asleep and got doodled on. Poor things!!!! I spent the night/early morning chatting with Jasmine and Xenia. Some boys joined us later on and we all played games. I was really crazy and I can't remember half the things I said and did. Whoops. 

The last day was super sad :( We all sang together and jumped around for the last time. Picture spam coming~ 
 photo 20130322_101655_zpsaa00b273.jpg
 photo 20130322_122706_zpsdcebf2d2.jpg
 photo 20130321_202741_zpse1e0b0b3.jpg
 photo 20130321_182003_zpsad44811f.jpg
With Gladys and Agnes
 photo C360_2013-03-22-10-16-31_zps9e5472fc.jpg
solo shot with Agnesss~ 

Some pictures with my rad GLs
 photo 20130322_162228_zpsae97db50.jpg
Jing (le) Lin!
 photo 20130322_162151_zpse5fdf432.jpg
Poster boy aka Aik Soon!
 photo 20130322_163345_zpsf4d27a95.jpg
Sheeeeeenaaaa!!!!

Thank you so much to my awesome GLs! I couldn't ask for better GLs! They cared sooo much about us and treated us as though we were their children! I love them soo muchhh! <3 <3 <3 Words cannot express how thankful I am to you guys!

That's about the end of my loooong post!

Hope you guys are having a great week!

xoxo Miranda


No comments: