Friday, August 24, 2012

My Everday Makeup Tutorial

Hey there my little muffins!

It's been way too long I agree and I'm so sorry! *hits head with a hammer* It's just that (here comes a cliche excuse) I've been busy with O level prep! I've really been studying my butt off which is soooo tiring..... And I drank wayyy too much Starbucks. It's really costly.. 

Back to the point of this post,
So a couple of Twitter followers and viewers have been asking me to do a NEW everyday look. I made one last year which (in my opinion) is an epic failure because I somewhat lacked knowledge. Now I think I know a bit more about makeup and what works for me. 
IMG_0421-1
So this post is gonna be my unique everyday makeup. I love playing around with fun colours and you'll soon see what I mean when you keep on reading!
Let's get started!
IMG_0424-1
Very important step! I love this makeup base/primer because it feels AMAZING on the skin. It's silicon based which makes it glide on smoothly. However, I don't think it does much to make your makeup stay on longer! If you are looking for a primer that lasts the whole day, try the shu uemura one!
IMG_0425-1
I have horrible dark circles because of all the late night studying! So concealing is a MUST! I love this Garnier concealer btw. I've been using it for a while now and it's one of my favourites!
IMG_0428
BB creams are the bomb! This is my current favourite one from THEFACESHOP. But remember to use a VERY SMALL amount! You see the amount on my finger in the picture? Yup. That's how much I used for my WHOLE face.
IMG_0429Dot dot dot and then PAT it in with ya finger tips / brush / sponge / your dog :)
IMG_0430
Photobucket
Translucent or not! Whatever floats your boat! Setting is important! You don't want your makeup to slide off your face! That'll just be ugly..... and kinda SAD... 
IMG_0436
Photobucket
Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks! I'm using Maybelline's Jelly Glow! 
I'M IN LOVE WITH IT! 
IMG_0439
Couldn't get a picture. It's hard to camwhore AND do your makeup you know :P
Tightlining is kinda hard and annoying in the beginning but I've gotten use to it cause it really makes a difference and I love it! Just practice! :D
IMG_0442
Normally, I'd just use the liquid liner and draw the outer corners & a wing. I don't line my whole lash line cause I think that's a little too much! And I love drawing longggg wings and if I'm feeling funky, I'd draw a wing that curves drastically UP!
IMG_0450
I love applying THICK coats of mascara! I love having long and thick lashes! So pretty! Of course, make sure it is waterproof or you'll look like corpse bride X_X
IMG_0452
NYX has an awesome line of colours to choose from ^_^ You've probably seen me in the green one before, it's my first one ever! But recently, I've acquired the glittery blue and lilac ones! Love them so much! 
IMG_0454
See how it add a 'POP' to your eyes? It jazzes up the simple makeup and create a completely new look! That's why I love doing this! 
(btw, when I said 'pop' I was reminded of how the burning splint makes a 'pop' sound when hydrogen is detected in Chemistry.... OMG... I'm such a nerd..)
IMG_0458
I used an orange colour from Etude house! But you can go with pinks, lilacs, corals, anything! Just maybe stay away from reds! I think they are a little too outrageous for everyday use but if you are game, BY ALL MEANS! 
IMG_0463
Got this from Topshop! It's a cream stick highlighter! Super easy to use! Just glide it on~
picasion.com
Run it down your nose and on the HIGH POINTS of your cheeks then blend it up to your temples!
See how 'glowy' I look thanks to highlighting? :) 











And you're done...
IMG_0489
(I went ahead and added a little bronzer cause the lighting made me look too pale oops!)
IMG_0482
IMG_0470
I love how highlighters really add this beautiful glow on camera! So pretty! Along with a bronzer, you get the PERFECT summer complexion! *rejoice*

That's about it for today's post! I hope you enjoy! Going to do an update post next, see ya!

xoxo Miranda

No comments: