Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Officially 18

Hey there survivors!!!!
It's finally 2014! WOWWWWWWWW!!!!! 2013 was a crazy year! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. IT WAS SO FAST. And you know what they say, when time begins passing by too fast, you know you are getting old. And truth be told, yes, I am older! A year older! 

I'm finally officially 18.

I celebrated it by having a wonderful dinner at CHIJMES' Chef De Table (one of my favourite French-fusion restaurants ever). I actually made a "Get Ready With Me" video! 



 

Chef De Table is amazing. I love their chilled truffle angel hair pasta! IT'S EXPLOSIVE SO GOOOD!! That's just an appetiser though. I wanted to order something special since it was my birthday and I could eat whatever I wanted hehe. I wanted to order their Degustation (tasting) Set! However, a lot of the things on that menu was 'meh' to me. The super friendly waiter then assured me that he'll speak to the chef and make a special arrangement for the birthday girl! I WAS FRIGGIN HAPPY SO I JUST TOLD HIM WHAT I WANTED AND HE MADE IT INTO A SET FOR ME :P

I started off with half a dozen escargots.

Next, we had Lobster Bisque Cappuccino . HANDS DOWN THE BEST LOBSTER BISQUE I'VE EVER TRIED (and I've tried A LOT). It was in a tiny cup cuz "degustation" mah!!! I could've easily finished a huge bowl of this yummy stuff though!

NEXT UP, THE BEST DISH AND THE DISH I WAS SOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO. I call it chilled angel hair pasta but here is the FULL name from the menu:
"Chill angel hair pasta perfumed with white  truffle oil & konbu, served with cold water sweet prawns" that sounds way classier! 


For my main, we had a choice between steak and salmon. I had a Grilled New York strip, accompanied by sautéed mushrooms and argula salad, laced with shallot red wine veal jus. MEDIUM RARE please. When you are having a good steak at a nice restaurant, always get medium rare. It's the best way to enjoy your steak! :) 

 And for dessert (aka the most important part of my meals), CHEF JASON SPECIALLY PREPARED THIS PLATTER OF ALL THE DESSERTS CHEF DE TABLE OFFERS! WHAT?!?!?!

 And as though that wasn't enough, he gave me my own individual plate of molten lava cake. WHICH WAS MIND BLOWING GOOD. I've had my fair share of lava cakes and this one is defo up there with the bests! The outside shell is slightly crispy and the inside is gooey and moist. Yummiest to the max!! 

I had a wonderful birthday dinner with great company and AWESOME food.
Here's to an amazing 2014! 

xoxo,
Miranda


No comments: