Friday, July 17, 2015

I ran, danced, jumped and partied on Orchard Road!

Hi there owls!

How have you been? So over the past few weeks, I've been attending quite a few events... This being one of them: 

*~ Pedestrian Night on Orchard Road ~*

Let me start of by saying I HAVE NEVER (willingly) JAYWALKED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.... So I was a little apprehensive about walking on the ORCHARD ROAD?! But I tucked aside my goody-two-shoe ways for the sake of having fun. 

I'm sure you've all heard of it by now as I'm a bit late for this blog post (oops! I blame internship T_T)... Like every Pedestrian Night, roads were closed (the stretch between Scotts Road and Bideford Road) and everyone could WALK ON THE ROADS!!! It was preeeetttty cool. I'll just let the visual speak for themselves!



 NO ERP FOR ME.. I TRAVEL ON FOOT.... (ok lame bye)
 
There were tons of balloon sculptors and other street performers everywhere! 
 From a far, I saw a huge crowd gathering around this bunch of balloons. It was quite amusing to watch all the kiasu people fighting for balloons (even though, deep inside, kiasu me wanted one too...)

 #Selfie ON Orchard Road! 
 I was SOOO excited to get my favourite $1 (NOW IT'S $1.20) ice cream from the iconic potong ice cream carts. Let me side track a little here - does anyone else notice that some carts are Magnolia and some are King's?! I just realised they used different umbrellas... Not too sure if the ice cream is the same but both taste fine to me so... :D *happily continues eating*
As night fell, the roads got more and more crowded. Orchard Road was really coming to life right before my eyes! Local band, Flame Of The Forest, also played a set and filled the whole place with their beautiful instrumental tunes. 

If you're like me and don't really fancy staying out in Singapore's heat for too long, you might be interested in the flash sales that went on! For just an hour each, stores had crazy sales of up to 50%. 


I had so much fun! It was definitely an experience I'll remember the next time I drive through this legendary road.

If you missed Pedestrian Night, don't fret! It was just the beginning. There is going to be a Pedestrian Night for every first Saturday of a new month from July to December 2015!



Till next time then!

xoxo Miranda

No comments: