Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sogurt Xmas Bash & Zouk afterwards

Hey there pretty party people

So last Friday was the annual Sogurt End-of-Year Christmas Party! It was held at the National Museum's Food For Thought.

#Selfie before I head out

I arrived on time at 7pm and the room was pretty much empty. Everyone only came at about 8pm and the whole party officially began at about 8.30pm!
We played tons of games organised by the Captains! My table (Group 5 aka the Star Vista gals) only had 5 people as compared to the usual 10 and so.... we only had 5 brains and ended up losing... BIG TIME.
Nevertheless, I couldn't have chosen a better team. We are the "happy losers". Thank you Madalene, Shi Hui, Angeline and Shereen (plus our captain, Cass) for the awesome night ^_^

FOOD TIME, I WAS SOOOOO HUNGRY..

I never thought Food For Thought had great food. Everything was pretty mediocre I guess. The brownie was so dry *cries* It reminded me of the brownies I made in secondary school #ohnoyoudidn't

More visuals from the rest of the dinner:
With Beatrice! You guys may know her from http://bnhx.blogspot.sg/ or from her ig @bnhx. Well she's my secondary schoolmate and APPARENTLY, a Sogirl too! Haha!
And of course, a picture with our Soboss - Li Ping! She's sooooo pretty and carries herself so well. Pretty honoured to be working under such a cool boss! Thanks for hiring me, Lips! *awkward hug*

-----

After the dinner, Lips actually arranged for an after party at Zouk.

Confession: I have never been to a club... till now..... 
(which is super super weird because I host the TGIW Zouk show on Radio Heatwave aka the Ngee Ann Poly campus radio)

My fellow "losers" and I walked all the way to Plaza Singapura trying to flag a cab and headed over to Zouk. I wish I took more pictures... The outside was PACKED. Long queues and everything - because of the guest DJ Markus Schulz.

For those club newbies like myself, this is what this esteemed club looks like:
Yes, white shirts GLOW!!!!!!! IF I KNEW EARLIER, I would've worn white! 
Oh ps, do you like my brow bling? ;) You can get it done at any Benefit counters - I got SOOOOOO many compliments! It really makes you stand out and it's so sparkly! Plus, did I mention how it's all reusable? Which is good because it's Swarovski crystals. Don't worry about it dropping off, it's super sticky!
Let me end off this post with 2 quirky picture with my protector of the night, Tao.

Overall, what do I think of Zouk?
Well, I didn't stay very long. I had a 2am curfew so the whole experience was pretty rushed. I just wandered around exploring the whole club. I didn't even really ENTER the dance floor. I just stood by the side watching other people groove. I want to say that it isn't really my thing but something about it was really quite intriguing. You really just feel like you're in an entirely different world when you're in the club. 

How was your weekend?

xoxo
Miranda





No comments: