Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"Eye" see you!

Hey there cuties! 

It's no doubt that eyes play a crucial role in our day to day lives. As we age, the most common problem one would face is presbyopia also known as "lao hua yan" (老花眼). 

According to CooperVision, presbyopia is an eye condition that affects everyone once you reach the age of 40-45

Here is a basic diagram to illustrate what goes on in a normal eye and a presbyopic eye:

And this is pretty much the life of someone with presbyopia: 

Personally, I do not have this problem just yet, but my mom does. And I'm sure you know at least 3 people with this issue! She tells me how it's a hassle really - having to dig for her reading glasses in her bag just to read a text and then having to remove it after so it doesn't interfere with her long-sightedness. 

So when I found out about CooperVision's Proclear 1-day Multifocal Contact Lenses, I immediately shared it with my mom. 
These multifocal lenses gives you the flexibility of seeing both near and far in absolute clarity. In addition, they're dailies - which means you dispose of them after each use. This is way more hygienic and less of a fuss than monthlies. 

If you've always been putting off contact lenses because of your dry eyes, don't fret. 

The Proclear 1-day Multifocal Contact Lenses stay 96% hydrated throughout the day, even after 12 hours of wear! CooperVision incorporates water molecules into their lenses, creating a natural resistance to dryness! In fact, Proclear contacts are the only contact lenses cleared by the U.S. FDA for providing improved comfort for contact lens wearers who experience dryness during lens wear!

---

Don't they just sound too good to be true??? 

And you're in for a treat because CooperVision is feeling extra generous:
For a small price of only $15, you will get a FULL eye test by professionals and a 5-day trial of the Proclear 1-day Multifocal Contact Lenses.

----

I emphasise how it was a FULL eye test because, well, it was!!!

So my mother excitedly signed up for a test the very next day and headed down to Optom.Sg at HillV2! She was greeted by the Mr Mikael Ng who is both the Optometrist and Manager of Optom.Sg. He was really friendly and patient with my mom. He explained how these full eye tests usually cost $68 but it has been reduced to $15 just for the CooperVision promotion!

It began with checking my mother's blood pressure. I know it's super random and weird but Mr Ng explained how this wasn't a normal eye test and how presbyopic individuals require different kinds of testing. 

Next, were the Eye Readings: (aka using the machines seen below)
Followed by, an Air Pressure test
My mom described this to me as "a machine shooting air into your eyeball". I was horrified but then she reassured me that it didn't hurt at all. In fact, it felt ticklish and it made her laugh. 

The eye test also involved the optometrist taking pictures of the front and back of your eye ball (we still have no idea how he did it, but it was sooo cool). Mr Ng very clearly explained the explanations for all the problems my mother was facing. He also went through what my mother can do to protect her eyes (i.e. wear sunglasses to protect from harmful UV rays when outdoors). The full eye test took about 20 to 30 minutes in total.

Overall, my mother was VERY pleased with the whole eye check up. She keeps insisting my sister, father and I go back and give it a go too. 

If you're interested in the FREE TRIAL LENSES, do head over to http://coopervision.com.sg/trial-lenses to sign up now!  

----

Don't forget, we only have 1 pair of eyes!!! Take good care of them!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Overnight vision correction is Ortho k. SleepSEE overnight vision correction system can have one seeing clear all day. It is much more comfortable and the lenses last for two years! orthokeratology lenses

Sophie Grace said...

Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. Please check link insta stalker